5 ways with Wild Wonder
The Dulux Colour of the Year is a much anticipated announcement in design circles. The colour is revealed after global research and a trend forecast exercise, during which international design experts are asked to share their insights.
For 2023, the Dulux Colour of the Year is Wild Wonder – a soft, golden neutral that has both mustard yellow and earthy green undertones. The shade takes its inspiration from nature, reflecting the warm hues of harvested crops, and has the wonderful ability to subtly change colour according to the time of day and source of light.
Wild Wonder is one of the most versatile neutrals that Dulux has ever selected for its Colour of the Year. It’s a shade you can really invest in as it won’t overpower a room and it works with a multitude of other colours. If you’d like to embrace Wild Wonder without having to paint your walls, here are five interior design ideas for you to try:-
- Use Wild Wonder at your windows: the warm tones of Wild Wonder make it an excellent choice for curtains and blinds. The colour is passive enough so it won’t dominate a room when a blind is fully rolled down or the curtains are drawn.
- Find Wild Wonder in a pattern: if you’re worried that Wild Wonder will fall out of fashion and you may be stuck with too much of the same colour, look for the shade in patterns. The beige hues can be seen in everything from terrazzo to Moroccan prints but it’s usually offset by other hues for a more balanced look.
- Bring Wild Wonder into your bathroom: almost every home has a white bathroom suite, which makes it easy to introduce any colour. Towels are a quick way to embrace Wild Wonder and we particularly love the Orla Kiely Sunflower towels in Dark Dandelion as a good colour match.
- Use Wild Wonder as a layering colour: textiles look good in shades of Wild Wonder, especially tactile fabrics such as linen, velvet and boucle. Layer up beds and sofas with throws and cushions in soft golden shades. Or you could create contrast by pairing Wild Wonder with tones of forest green, blush pink or icy aqua blue.
- Paint Wild Wonder everywhere but walls: paint isn’t just for flat walls and with the right prep work and primer, Wild Wonder can be applied to furniture and home accessories. You can paint wooden lamp bases and photo frames, upcycle a side table or chest of drawers, and even repaint metal objects as both Dulux satinwood and eggshell paints are suitable for a variety of surfaces.
If you are on the hunt for a property where you can indulge in your passion for interior design, we may have the blank canvas for you. Contact the team for our latest list of available flats and houses.
Share this article
4 ways to use wood panelling in your property
Fixing wood to our walls is nothing new. There is evidence wood panelling was used in ancient Greece, Rome, Japan and China, mainly to provide insulation and protection.
What’s cooking: kitchen trends for 2024
There are a number of essential components that comprise a kitchen – a sink with running water, oven and fridge freezer being the most vital – therefore, everything else could be considered a ‘nice to have’.
Sign up for our newsletter
Subscribe to receive the latest property market information to your inbox, full of market knowledge and tips for your home.